Environmental incidents such as fish deaths, landslides, etc., natural disasters that occur every year are a wake-up call for people. Therefore, these disciplines are extremely important to contribute to the study of prevention measures.
What is Environmental Science?
Environmental Science is one of the scientific disciplines specializing in the study of the relationship and interaction between humans and the natural environment around us, with the aim of preserving and protecting the living environment on earth.
Environmental Science is an independent field of study, built on the basis of combining a wide range of knowledge from related sciences including: biology, chemistry, geology. Environmental science helps us to solve environmental problems such as: preventing and reducing pollution; recover, recycle, reuse and treat waste by biological – physical – chemical methods, providing all management solutions, contributing to preserving the cleanliness of the living environment and serving the society for sustainable development.
The Task of An Environmental Science Researcher
To take on the best position in the Environmental Science profession, you need to bring in the following qualities and skills: Careful, meticulous, thoughtful, able to withstand pressure, have high work responsibilities, passionate about technology; creative thinking, analytical ability, love to explore and discover about nature.
- Conduct research into the multitude of features of the elements that make up the natural or man-made environment.
- Research to find out the relationships and reciprocal interactions between people and the factors that make up the living environment, thereby making decisions to advise the State, businesses organizations, and economic and social activities to prevent negative impacts on the environment while still bringing benefits.
- Conduct management research to learn about environmental management tools, in order to harmonize with economic measures as well as legal and social directions. To preserve environmental hygiene and protect the environment, as well as creating conditions for the sustainable development of the region in particular and of the country in general.
- Acting as a consultant to advise the State management agencies to continuously develop environmental policies to be compatible with the economic, social situation, and to exploit appropriate resources.
Working Environment of Environmental Science
Environmental scientists are the key employees of the plant with the task of participating in the process of protecting the living environment, helping the plant to treat wastewater, emissions which damage the environment.
- Design waste treatment program and operate the waste treatment system,
- Analyze the factors of the environment.
- Prepare a report on Environmental Protection….
- Conduct safety-health-environmental inspection (HSE), ISO, HSAS,…
Opportunities to work in industrial parks, waste treatment plants, centers for environmental monitoring, environmental consulting companies, universities, research institutes as well as countless others factories with environmental management systems and occupational safety,etc.
In addition, the common task of all mankind is to keep the planet clean and beautiful, requiring the cooperation of mankind around the globe. Therefore, at present, the world has set up countless environmental science organizations such as NGOs, etc., which are working day by day to preserve and protect the environment.
The more modernized society becomes, the more polluted the air becomes, so the intervention of environmental scientists is more and more important.