The economy is growing and becoming more volatile, so there must be predictors and analysts. The work we are talking about belongs to the domain of the economist. So what is the job description of an economist?
Brief Description Of The Economist’s Job
Economists are practically economic analysts. They can predict economic fluctuations. The name sounds abstract, but it’s not because of the specifics of such work. Let’s take a look at some of the tasks that any economist should do as follows:
Economists will in turn use scientific methods, statistical models, mathematical forms, micro and macro economics to survey, evaluate, analyze and collect for synthesis, relevant information about the economy. Survey to assess objectively and accurately on economic issues to find the right and most suitable plan.
Explaining And Proving Their Arguments
Besides being based on the materials they have collected to make projects, report on the general economy, on the trend of economic fluctuations in the near future or predict whether the market value will change. The purpose of this mission is to have a clear view and from there the most effective plan to prepare and deal with the crisis if any.
Giving the impact on the world economy. The whole world has a lot of analysts and each country always has its own analysts to have the analysis and forecast as close to the actual situation of that country as that to achieve the best results. high fruit.
Keeping A Close Eye On The Economic Situation
Economists will follow the economy of the world and of the country in which they live. This is very important work and there is no substitute. And it plays a role in shaping the economy of each country.
When it comes to economists, everyone immediately thinks of the task of research and analysis. However, they have the most important task of observing continuously to monitor the movement of data, whether its value affects the economy or not, no matter how big or small the fluctuations are and careful assessment.
Microeconomics is considered the basic foundation, the root of all research. Economists too, will look at the situation from a micro perspective first. In general terms, an economist is a person like a manager who monitors the entire process of economic development as well as conducts research on all activities related to economic, sectoral and economic policies. business, household economy, or economic development,… in short, it’s all about economics. Some jobs like:
- Perform analysis and processing of basic micro data sets
- The second is to conduct research and directly participate in the analysis of different factors and components in the market (including behavior and structure), industry economic policy, …
- In addition to being directly involved in the field survey planning, data analysis, micro-survey, and building specific reports after the surveys,…
What about macroeconomics? Some of the basic tasks are as follows:
- Perform simultaneous tasks such as analysis, statistics, synthesis, collection, processing, updating and management as well as monitoring all data and data related to macroeconomic values. of the country and the world for evaluation.
- Directly participate in the implementation of research reports in economic-related drafts in a specific country or locality
- Participate in the design process, process economic models and support data analysis for related projects.
- Participating in the process of developing and designing discussions on economic policies and annual macroeconomic reports.